Thursday, October 16, 2008

Red and Black

Being Australian, we're not really as big on Halloween as the US is (and SL lol – its everywhere atm lol), so instead of doing something I'm not really into, I thought I'd do a colours post.

And yeah, you'll have to put up with me spelling stuff like colours the Aussie way haha



When I asked my friend Nova for recommendations on places to get a new AO, Nova, who has an affection for Japanese sims, passed me a LM for LicoLico, somewhere I'd never heard of before, but thats not unusual for me :)

Off I went...and promptly spent the next several hours wandering around there, happily snapping up freebies and buying clothes.

One of the outfits I bought, was the red Witch like dress, from Hal*Hina, and that proved to be the inspiration for this first outfit.

I absolutely love corsets, and the one that came with this outfit is definitely no exception.

I love the ribbon and lace edging on this, and of course the colours. I'm a bit partial to this theme lol.

Although the whole outift is cute as, I decided to mix it up a bit...so for this pic I have teamed the corset on the jacket layer, with a top called Mariah from A piece of candy. Its another item I wear all the time, and I have in several colours, because you can team it with jeans for a casual look, or dress it up. And, it was a dollarbie lol. Always a bonus!

The skirt is the super cute short skirt from DE's Spectra set. DE is always stylish, and I have never been disappointed with anything about an outfit I have bought from there. It was one of the first shops where I went after being a noob, and looking around at all the gorgeous people, and realising the free stuff available at that time just didn't cut it. I still shop there regularly.



This next outfit...omg I love this!!!

I love going dancing, and this one just puts me right in the mood for a sexy salsa.

The only criticism I can make, is that the skirt is no mod.Frustrating, and an omission that can often make the difference between me buying something, or leaving it.

But in this case, I loved the dress so much, that I actually made small adjustments to my shape, and saved a copy for when I wear this dress. Thats how much I love it!

To complete the look, you cannot go past these shoes....the Lady Rose shoes, which come with that gorgeous rose hairpin.

In both pics, I am wearing the tights from Sheer. These are faves because they are actually full stockings, rather than the thigh highs that are everywhere, and to me, look a little classier.I also love the back seam...just that bit of eleganceof days gone by.

I'm also wearing the Genesis Cocktail ring, which is another dollarbie I picked up, and is colour change...yay!

I'm also wearing Miriel's eyes in both. These are just beautiful, and she has a huge range of colours available. Initially I went and just picked up the freebie/demo pack, and wore those for a while, but then I had to go back and pick up some more. Miriel also has a gorgeous range of jewellery there, that you definitely should check out while you're there.


Credits

Photo 1

Skin: Chai - Nutmeg Zorena

Stockings: Sheer - Tights Black

Top: A piece of candy - Mariah Black

Skirt: DE Designs – Spectra Short Flex Skirt

Jacket: Hal*Hina – [red] witch like dress Corset

Boots: Digital Dragon – DDD New York Boot Crimson

Hair: HCT – Claudia Tipped (Black – Red)

Eyes: Miriel Standard Eyes – Caribbean

Jewellery: Genesis - Classic Cocktail Ring

Genesis – Estelle Earring Platinum


Photo 2 and 3

Skin: Chai - Nutmeg Haze

Dress: Bdreams – Mikaela dress

Stockings: Sheer - Tights

Hair: Junwave – Sweet Lady Brown (tinted)

Shoes: G Field – GF Lady Rose Shoes and Hairpin

Eyes: Miriel Standard Eyes – Caribbean

Jewellery: Rebel-X - V for Valentine Necklace

/artilleri/ - Teardrop earring

Genesis - Classic Cocktail Ring


All photos taken at MC's free photo booths



No comments: